Sparrow Studioz - APQS Canada's Studio Blog: Meanderings of the YEG Quilter: Sister quilts

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Meanderings of the YEG Quilter: Sister quilts

 These two sweeties were pieced by the same lady, that's why I call them "Sister Quilts". The X block quilt in blues and greens has a traditional look with a modern edge to it. It has a mix of flat cottons and batiks with a white background. I chose a loose scroll with a paisley edge to edge design. It suits the quilt, sweet and simple. I used Glide thread top and bottom.
This smaller one is a type of log cabin or square in a square.  I used a headbands design which is similar to the larger quilt but without the paisley. Again, a sweet and simple design. I used an Aurifil polyester variegated thread. The soft pastel colors blended in well with the fabrics allowing the piecing of the quilt to be the focus.
close up of "headbands"
close up of scrolls and paisleys

No comments:

Post a Comment