Sparrow Studioz - APQS Canada's Studio Blog: Meanderings of the YEG Quilter; Pretty Poppies

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Meanderings of the YEG Quilter; Pretty Poppies

 Its Halloween night and I'm sitting close to the front door so I can jump up and down when little ghouls come calling.

This pretty quilt has nothing to do with spirits but it has bewitched me. I loved, loved, loved it. It was a pleasure to quilt.

I  used the Harvest Winds pantograph. It was the customers choice. At first I thought it was too busy for this. The fabrics are all quite detailed, even the sashing.


 Looking at the stitching pattern close up gives you a different perspective.

Its an elegant design for an elegant quilt. The piecer was right in her choice.

I was able to match the top thread and the bobbin thread, both a Cleopatra green from Glide. Just
because a quilt has busy fabrics with small piecing does not mean that an intricate quilting design will not show up. Match whimsical to whimsical, and elegant to elegant, and you will always come out with a winner.

1 comment: